- Administers federal transit grant funding and programs, and provides technical and coordination assistance to public and private non-profit public transit systems.
- Administers federal transit grants used by the state’s larger municipalities for public transit-related programs.
- Administers federal transit planning grants to Metropolitan Planning Organizations (Metropolitan Planning Program – Section 5303) and Statewide (Section 5304).
- Administers flexible Federal Highway Administration funds used for transit purposes.
- Assists local governments to establish Regional Transit Districts (RTDs) and then assists the RTDs to plan, coordinate and implement service.
Kevin Olinger, Transit Bureau Chief
Deborah Bach, Rural Transit Programs Manager
Gabrielle Chavez, Transit Planning and Service Coordination Manager