New Mexico Department of Transportation's (NMDOT) Transit and Rail Division provides information to transit providers and the public on public transit service, rules and regulations, applying for federal transit grant programs, transit and rail plans and programs, and permitting procedures for accessing and crossing rail right-of-way.
Please see the links below for necessary information for transit providers and grant applicants, as well as other transit related information for transit agencies and the public. The Transit & Rail Division also wants you to know that our staff is available to offer technical assistance, help answer questions, and put you in contact with others who have the same interests and goals.
1350 Alta Vista St., SB-4
PO Box 1149
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Division Phone Line:
- NMDOT Park & Ride
- New Mexico Rail Runner Express
- COVID-19 Safety Guidance for New Mexico Transit Agencies video presentation – Streaming (YouTube) | Download (mp4, 264MB)
- Conflict Management and De-escalation for Transit Drivers and Supervisors video presentation – Streaming (YouTube) | Download (mp4, 258MB) | Handout
- New Mexico COVID-19 Transit Response Guidance
- FTA COVID-19 Resource Tool
- NMGo! – New Mexico Vanpooling
- Transit STIP (Choose Project Type Transit)